Sumah's West African Restaurant
1727 7th St NW (btwn R St. NW & S St. NW)
Washington, DC 20001
- If you are not familiar with african food, try the jollof rice, okra, or groundnut stew. You will love it. If you know west african food, get the cassava leaves.
- You really can't go wrong with this menu. If having trouble deciding, talk it through with Mr. Sumah. Super nice guy.
- U GOT TO EAT HERE!!!
- Krain krain is delicious! Very mushy but for some reason, I love its taste and texture. Goat meat is unique and delicious.
- (1) Delicious jollof rice + beef. Not the same taste as I remember in Ghana, but guess that this is the Sierra Leonan variation. (2) A bit expensive. (3) I wish that they offered Red Red!
- The Palava Sauce is on point
- The food is pretty good. The meat in the pepper soup and jollof rice were too bony.
- Top sauces: Spinach, Okra and Potato leaves . Overall amazing place
- DO NOT SUPPORT THIS BUSINESS!! THIS MAN AND HIS WIFE ARE DISCRIMINATORY TOWARDS AFRICAN AMERICANS! Support Bukom!