The Stand Comedy Club
333 Woodlands Rd.
Glasgow, Glasgow City G3 6NG
- When a show sells out it's 50/50 that you'll get a seat and not be forced into standing only for the entire duration. Get there early if this is the case.
- I've seen some great comedians in here. - just the blokes are funny tho. (might sound sexist but sadly it's mainly true)
- itison.com members recently enjoyed half price tickets for Magners Glasgow Comedy Festival shows at The Stand. Get more from Glasgow with www.itison.com
- Brilliant venue space for comedy gigs. Very reasonable prices at the bar too considering it's in the West End.
- If sold out, arrive for doors opening if you want a seat. We arrived at 8pm on Saturday and got the last two seats!
- Get there early to find a seat. Most of the jokes r dirty
- Great night out in Glasgow. Joe Heenan is the best compere.
- If you like good comedy then come here.
- Every single sign here basically says "stfu". Best be quiet, eh?
- 5/9 Saw a guy die on stage. I asked him why he put himself through it. 'I'm not great yet,' he said, 'but if you love something, its worth taking a beating for.' Still no sign of you.(6/9 Stravaigin)
- Try Tuesday night new acts night, only two quid in!
- The best comedy club in Glasgow. Check out "Dance Monkey Boy Dance" on a Monday night for brilliant improv comedy.