Specs' Twelve Adler Museum Cafe
Dive Bar, Café
12 William Saroyan Pl (Columbus Avenue)
San Francisco, CA 94133
- The difference between New York and San Francisco is this bar.
- Without a doubt one I my favorite bars in the world.
- Part impromptu naval museum and party kitsch-fest, venture into the little alley this place is tucked into and stumble out a happier man who just drank up some bona fide San Francisco history.
- this place is the best bar in san francisco
- Cash only but totally worth it.
- When Vesuvio's is too loud and crowded, come over here in the alley across the street. Its rad.
- SF Chronicle columnist Herb Caen coined the term Beatnik in print, but it it is said that this is where he overhead the words Beat and Sputnik used in close succession.
- Try the cheese plate!!
- A piano man plays regularly, and there's often complimentary cheese and crackers lying around.
- You need to do this at least once in your life.
- One of Herb Caen's old haunts. Order the "martinus (singular)" as Caen would say.
- Order the cheese and crackers with your drinks.
- Guinness and hilarious old postcards.
- Find something on the wall that you've never noticed before.
- Slow service. Simple bar. Fun knickknacks inside. Very much a dive amongst fancy north beach bars, but the prices are high for a dive
- One of the legacy bars in North Beach that has a charm all its own. Also a good place if you want to have a conversation with your friends or other people in the bar.
- If I was middle aged writer and liked to read a newspaper at the bar surrounded by taxidermy Id go here... but Im not... Heres a tip - buy beer, go home, read on couch if thats what youre in to.
- Lowkey, chill, and not too crowded. All the things needed to be a great dive.
- Check out the expansive post card collection at the front bar to see world wide love letters to this North Beach hideaway.
- Irish coffee. Bartender Laura.