If you follow me on Instagram, you'd have seen that I'm really into my party cocktails ;)But, I also enjoy a refreshing, non-alcoholic drink in summer.
Something healthy, delicious, easy and quick to make, and that I can whip up quickly for the whole family.
And ice tea ticks ALL them boxes!
So I've been experimenting with seasonal ingredients, and flavored teas I have in the pantry.
This citrus concoction is one of my faves.
But if you're partial to a stiffer drink, then adding your fave booze is totally okay too ;)
It lends itself perfectly with white wine for a summer punchy punch, white rum, vodka or Brazilian Cachaça (tried and tasted!).
I'm guessing Limoncello would work too, since we already have a really citrus note as a base.
But the basic recipe is just delicious as is!
Skinny & Healthy Citrus Green Iced Tea Recipe
Ingredients : Serves 4
* 5 green tea bags* 1 orange cut in slices* 1 lemon cut in slices* 1 lime cut in slices* Agave syrup, honey or skinny sweetener of your choice to taste
1) Brew the tea bags in 2 cups of hot water. Leave to steep for 3 minutes max. as green tea can be bitter if steeped too long.
2) Add fruit slices to a bowl or jug and pour tea over. The tea will be a little warmer still, to release the citrus oils in the skin. Let it cool.
3) Fill the jug with 3 more cups of cold water or up to 1 litre (2 pints), cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
4) Sweeten with agave syrup or other skinny sweetener of your choice.
Serve with fruit slices, ice and spring of mint on the side.
This iced tea can be keep in the fridge for a couple of days, and is perfect when entertaining a crowd - just double or triple the recipe.
Styling and Photography: Bird's PartyStraws: BirdsParty.com Napkins: BirdsParty.fr