Santa Catalina Island
- Splurge on the fast catamaran, rent a bike on the island, and spend the day poking around this island. Bonus points if you find the herd of buffalo, which were brought here in the 1920's for a movie.
- Had a great dinner at Balboa Bay, off to Catalina Island for the weekend.
- Head to Descanso Beach Club. A great place to relax and have drinks.
- Spending the night in Downtown Avalon, bring earplugs, the gas powered golf carts are obnoxious.
- Visit Airport in the Sky for lunch. A scenic winding drive through the mountains with amazing views.
- Take a golf cart to the botanical garden! It was really fun and very pretty up there. Didn't realize Wrigley (Cubs, bubblegum) had such an effect on the island. Interesting!
- love catalina, remember going when i was a kid on the glass bottom boat and watching the scuba diver feed the fish awesome!
- An excellent start to a visit on Catalina Island, the City of Avalon.
- Snorkeling with Catalina Rafting was amazing! Water is cold, but saw a lot of neat creatures.
- Walk 5 minutes up Avalon Canyon road and visit The Sandtrap for delicious $1 tacos, $2 beers and $4 margaritas from 2-7pm!! You won't believe you spent less than $10 on this island for so much stuff!
- Stay in room 306! Great view + great service/ amenities = the Avalon Hotel
- Weekend Adventure in Catalina. Kayaking, zip lining, semi-submersible tour, palm reader, dinners, wine, good company.
- Go to Rosie's and get a swordfish sandwich...for serious. lol
- Love this island, lil piece of heavenA great hotel to stay at is the metropole, it is a great family hotel and a great spot for a romantic getaway, DO NOT stay at vista del mar, dirty and unfriendly.
- Take the skyline tour...well worth it & you might spot the bisons!
- Scenic serene place to relax and enjoy island time!
- Dive with Dive Catalina
- Take a taxi up to the airport for lunch. And if it's available, take the tour of the Casino.
- The folks at Island Rental are super nice. Helped me fix my bike and everything!
- Coming off the boat feels like arriving at 'weekend at bernies'