Sandy Point State Park
Beach, Harbor / Marina
- Each January, this beach is home to the biggest beach party in the state: The Polar Bear Plunge. In May, check out the Chesapeake Bay Blues Festival!
- Watch out for the jellies
- Fish from the shoreline or from several of our rock jetties.
- Perfect for a family outing, picnic right on waterfront and the view of bay bridge
- Definitely bring a lunch. Very expensive snack bar.
- Bring some vinegar to help smooth the sting of a jelly fish. They are out in full force. Three kids go stung in the last hour.
- Totally free if you have military ID
- Polar bear plunge is organized here
- Picnic areas, beach, great park for friends and family
- The bathrooms here are disgusting. You've been warned!
- The closer to the Bay bridge, the less crowded the beach.
- Don't forget to bring some food when you go to the beach!
- Kind of rocky just as you enter the water...think ahead and bring Crocs or water shoes.
- Nice beach area
- Polar bear plunge 2019.
- The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim!
- Maryland beaches not great. Watch out for jellies.
- Picnics,and fishing
- The beach not really as i expected, wont swim there
- Just fishing by boat or at the pier.