Salty Dawg Saloon
Bar, Dive Bar
4380 Homer Spit Rd
Homer, AK 99603
- The bartender pours strong drinks
- Try the salt dawg only if you like grapefruit juice. The bartender is awesome! Also, sign a dollar bill. You can hang it on the ceiling and they donate it to charity at the end of the year!
- A must stop place in Alaska! Be sure to leave a dollar bill (or maybe get your girlfriend/wife to leave her bra) on the walls.
- Come here sign a dollar bill an stick it to the wall or ceiling (at the end of the year they donate the money to several charities).
- Try to make it home, it's harder than you think.
- Pool table, rustic dive bar, high volume. Very much like old time Key West bars.
- Classic spot. Salty bartenders and locals like one might expect.
- Order at bar. No food. Sign a dollar bill but don't put it on the pictures, windows or life rings unless you want it donated to a charity. Gift shop close by.
- The classic tourist trap
- They have a handful of bottled beers, but it's mostly wells. Don't come here looking for draft beer!
- A local landmark.
- I did not plan on getting drunk as I had to go back to work. I drank a beer and bought a sweatshirt and placed a dollar with my name on it with hundreds of others on the ceiling. Bring your own pins
- No beers on tap. Cash only.
- Great atmosphere after a long day fishing...don't forget to leave a signed dollar!
- "Tipplers congregate to guzzle salty dogs salt-rimmed vodka-and-grapefruit greyhounds." -- Joshua M. Bernstein, The Daily Meal
- Have a duck fart!