The West Mersea Oyster Bar
Coast Road (Victory Road)
West Mersea, Essex co5 8lt
+44 1206 381600
- Rock oysters are bigger, Colchester softer. Both delicious!
- The Company Shed in West Mersea- my home town- gets all the press, but this place is better, cheaper and has much nicer staff. Seafood platter for 2 feeds 3 and is amazing!!
- Mersea Rock oysters were delicious. Native Colchester oysters were gorgeous. Took out a platter and some massive prawns to eat later.
- Awesome lobster!
- Can't go wrong with the seafood platter.
- Plenty of choice so you're not limited to the Oysters, although these are world renowned and enjoyed by celebrities such as Elton John! Highly recommend the seafood platter for a bit of everything.
- Super fresh oysters!! The crab is really good!! The prices are very reasonable!!
- Very busy oysters galore
- Try the native oysters and the seafood platters. Good fish and chips. Good wine list.
- Great fresh seafood. Prompt and friendly. Recommend the scallops and bacon salad.
- Everything I've had from oysters, to the seafood platter! Great staff, very clean and amazing fresh seafood!
- Great food all round but you have to try the oysters, almost as good as Tasmanian. Staff are all friendly, families welcome as staff took some of the kids while parents had their lunch
- Post code to get here: CO5 8LT
- Skate and chips
- Found a pearl in my oster great food platter for 4 will feed 5-6
- Amazing seafood and quick service. 40 minute queue at 12pm, but absolutely worth it!
- Amazing food and service. Stunning fresh oysters and the best fish and chips we can remember
- Found Scallops over salad as Yum Yum. Try it and dish on it at http://dishonit.com
- Take home a sea food platter but phone to order before you arrive
- Great place. Great food great service