Steak 'n Shake
American, Burgers, Fast Food
1158 St. Louis Street (National Ave)
Springfield, MO 65806
- Steve ROCKS
- This is the last Steak 'n Shake in the country that offers carhop service! Plus, it's located on the old Route 66.
- Casey (wonderful ginger) is the best waitress ever. And she always seems to be working. Good for you!
- No drive thru but you can pull up to east side and they'll serve you at your car
- Have fun waiting on your food for 36 minutes.
- Everyone should try the Carhop service. So cool. Richard is great
- ask for casey (ginger waitress/glasses)! she's fantastic!
- Anyone who thinks this S&S sucks obviously doesn't see great service when it is right in front of them. I'm talking about the overnight staff of course.
- Best places to nurse the hangover.
- Casey is the coolest S&S waitresses in the place.
- They have half priced shakes every day.
- Michael lee Strickland is a hamburger ninja. He is boss!
- in 1978-79, i went to graff vo tech, located in the old mcdaniel school building. we ate there a lot. loved it then and love it now. it's a link to my youth and i love taking my son there.
- Service is sllllllllooooooowwwww!
- I love their Chili 5 ways!
- If you get to sit wherever you like - try to sit where Samantha will be your server!
- Been going there since it opened in 1962. Same great food as it was fifty-six years ago.
- Great food and service! Just bring your patience if you decide to go on a night when the Springfield Cardinals are playing--it gets super packed.
- Loved it! My standard for hamburgers has gone up after eating burgers here.
- Hire more help during the holiday tournament rush!