Scratch Baking Co.
Bakery, Coffee Shop
416 Preble St (at Pillsbury St)
South Portland, ME 04106
- Scratch Baking company has the best bagels in the North East. Im from NJ where a bagel is more then a piece of bread. Its a piece of heaven. And the sea salted bagel at Scratch is God's gift! Lol
- Get here early, before its all gone. I highly recommend the plain croissants and all the bagel varieties. But warning: There's no seating, so grab your goodies and go.
- Don't go in the afternoon for bagels, they will probably be gone :(
- The bagels are extraordinary, especially the salt. Other favorites are the cinnamon buns and the shortbread.
- Best bagel Ive ever had! Before I went a bagel was a bagel. Not here, its an experience! Try to get there early while warm and fresh. And try the herb cream cheese!
- Homemade strawberry pop-tarts are my everything!
- Known for their bagels but everything we tried was good. Enormous cinnamon rolls. Quiche. Breakfast sandwich. Cant go wrong.
- Those bagels tho
- Best bagels in the Portland Area without question.
- I have family from NJ that come up all the time and rave about their bagels. The line should move faster this summer with the new baking location.
- Bagels are wonderfully crispy on the outside and light, chewy on the inside.
- If you are vegetarian the options are amazing and definitely try the Reuben if they still have it
- Best bagel EVER!
- Easily the best bagels I've ever consumed
- If you want to get a bagel on the weekend, get here before 8:30am.
- Bagels & muffins
- Sea salt bagel with herb cream cheese.
- Best bagel of my life (Maine sea salt with herb cream cheese). But everything is fantastic really. Raspberry muffin and maple scone
- Best bakery in the world. Bagel madness!
- Get there early for awesome bagels. If they're out, a pastry will do.