- It's a dive. Be brave...the awesome authentic Mexican food is worth wandering into a sketchy El Paso neighborhood for. No 'ritas so get a michelada while you wait...this place is always busy!
- Mini tacos,mini quesadillas a cold anything and the best jute box around!
- Try the chile colorado con carne. Tastes like abuelita made it
- The mini menu isnt available til after 4pm M-Thur, but the wait is well worth it!
- They have a low-carb menu with more than four items catering to the low-carb dieters!
- Try the Combination Plate - #SoMeT12 Final Lunch - making it count!
- Great food and "bad boy" servers ;)
- The sweetest mole sauce ever. Very chocolatey.
- I love their green chicken enchiladas.... Montadas!!!
- The chile con queso is absolutely awesome!
- Chips and salsa is on point. Carlos and mickeys is better food and margaritas!
- Mole Enchiladas are to die for! Also, the chile con queso is wonderful.
- Try the Chile Relleno - Light & fluffy, tender & flavorful Chili Relleno. At the L & J Cafe, serving El Paso since 1927. (via @Foodspotting)
- Try the Chile Relleno - My favorite thing from lunch. So good. (via @Foodspotting)
- Tortilla soup was DEELightful and the mole is the best I've had outside of Santa Fe.
- top 10 places in el paso TX for Tex-Mex food tacos enchiladadas and great atmosphere
- Try the Pookie special, Steak Tacos with Queso Fries
- mini menu after 4pm... mini enchiladas extra cheese a must @ l&j's
- Thru my extensive travels and hundreds of Mexican food restaurants this is my favorite. Always crowded always good. Worth finding this out of the way diamond of outstanding Mexican food. Outstanding!
- The lime margarita is one of the best Ive ever had, so fresh!