Galvin La Chapelle
$ $ $ $
- The third restaurant to be opened by acclaimed brothers Chris & Jeff Galvin. There is a menu gourmand, prix fixe lunch and early dinner menu and Sunday Roast lunch menu.
- If the Sunday press of people around Brick Lane and Spitalfields gets a bit much, you can always retreat to the cossetting interior and service of this branch of a modern French chain.
- Appallingly rude service. We aren't actually IN France!
- This non-meat eater ditched her principles when she saw the foie gras. Michelin star foie gras, though!
- Michelin star - that's it. Incredible interior - enjoy the central location of WC on the first floor :)
- Amazing food and service. Perfect place for a date
- The gist of the menu: luxury bistro food; but this restaurant is gorgeous. Metro gave it 4 out of 5 Stars.
- Went for weekday lunch and service was appalling for a Michelin starred restaurant. The food and the presentation of it was quite breathtaking though.
- The Menu Gourmand is a fantastic 7 course tasting menu - the crab lasagne and truffle risotto are both exceptional. Service was attentive and the dining room is hugely impressive. Great dinner.
- Great experience and deserving of the Michelin stars. Thank you Chris and Jeff!
- The Menu Gourmand is hugely worth it. Try it with the wine pairing. And omg, the truffle risotto is divine...
- One Michelin star.
- Truffle and artichoke risotto is amazing.
- The menu is almost pastiche-worthy bistro French. Come summer, the pavement tables will be like gold dust: the pefect combo of people watching and great food. Metro gave it 4 out of 5 Stars.
- Dress up. Take someone special. White wine from the Rhone called St Peray will be more memorable than the (much) more expensive Burgundies.
- Rely on the sommellier; he really knows his stuff! We had a superb Fixin and he was diplomatic when oneof us wrongly suggested decanting it.....
- A lovely venue and a great menu. One of my favourite dining spots in The City
- Tart Tatin is outstanding!
- The 7 course Gourmand Menu was wonderful. Attentive but unobtrusive service and some delicious wine pairings too.
- Lamb asiette, chocolate pave