Don Pedro Carnitas
1113 W 18th St (at Carpenter St.)
Chicago, IL 60608
- Tacos de Cesos are deeeeeeelicious!
- Media libra por $4.75. Agusto me ise 4 tacos. Half a pound for $4.75 and made me 4 tacos comfortably.
- The best carnitas ever !
- This Pilsen storefront traffics in arguably the best carnitas in Chicago. Buy it by the pound and ask for extra tortillas; you'll need them.
- Best Carnitas in Chicago, not a fan of their salsas at all, but everything else is delicious!
- Don't be late, people wait in long lines just to get some of the best carnitas in Chicago.
- Tortillas, cilantro, minced onions, limes, pico de gallo, and the best carnitas in the city. You can order the deep-fried beef brain tacos, which taste like a savory eggy custard in a fried crust.
- Get the goat and the carnitas, they have both "safe" and "adventurous" meat plates. Safe means white meats, adventurous means multi body parts. Delicious.
- Snake your way between the dual lines up front and snag a rickety table, where you can quickly prep tacos from the platter of meat put before you, topping them with pico de gallo and a spurt of lime.