November 21, 2014
- French Fries (enough for 2 servings)
- cheese curds (or you can use small cubes of mozzarella)
- *Poutin sauce:
- 1 qt stock of chicken or veal
- 2 Ounce of flour
- 2 Ounce of butter or oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan.
- Combine the butter and the flour, add to stock and cook over high heat, stirring the mixture until everything simmers (2 to 3 minutes).
- Bring the heat down and let simmer for around 35 minutes.
- Stir the sauce frequently.
- When youÃ¢â¬â¢re done, strain the sauce through a strainer lined with cheesecloth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you want your sauce to be thicker, lower the heat to medium and let it reduce further.
- Add brown sauce or BBQ sauce to taste.
- **To serve:
- Put some cheese curds in the bottom of a bowl.
- Cover them with lots of fries.
- Cover the fries with more curds.
- Pour sauce on top of everything.
- ***Opitonal additions:
- fried onions
- Chopped hot dogs
- Replace the traditional sauce with a Bolognese or Marinara. This is called an Italian poutine.
- (Sounds kinda like a northern version of chili cheese fries. Would that be a Texas Poutine?)