Perrier® Launches ARTXTRA, A New Program to Support Groundbreaking Contemporary Artists
Public voting opens to help select the first Perrier Artist of the Year, to receive Miami Art Week presentation and opportunity for U.S. release of original Perrier product designs
STAMFORD, Conn., Nov. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water announces the launch of ARTXTRA, a new arts initiative presented by Perrier to support emerging contemporary artists. Perrier is inviting consumers to vote online at perrier.tumblr.com/artxtra, where each artist will be featured alongside their proposed packaging designs, to help select one of three shortlisted artists as the first-ever Perrier Artist of the Year.
The winning artist's designs will be brought to life with a nationwide limited-edition product release in 2017. Additionally, Perrier will present the Artist of the Year with a full-scale installation at Miami Art Week 2017.
To launch ARTXTRA and identify the three shortlisted artists, Perrier has assembled an advisory board of recognized industry leaders, including: Helen Toomer, Michelle Joan Papillion, Beau Basse, Job Piston and Naomi Beckwith.
The nominees for Perrier Artist of the Year are:
- Saya Woolfalk – Woolfalk is a New York-based sculptor and performance artist who uses science fiction and fantasy to re-imagine the world through vivid and bold installations and multimedia.
- Eric Rieger – Also known as HOTTEA, Rieger is a Minneapolis-based street and installation artist who uses brightly-colored yarn to create elaborate, eye-catching and non-destructive installations throughout the U.S.
- Hayal Pozanti – Pozanti is a New York-based painter, animator and sculptor, who creates colorful, abstract compositions meant to be a global, common visual language through interlocking and overlapping forms.
"Perrier has a long, rich history of collaborating with visionary contemporary artists," said Adaora Ugokwe, Senior Marketing Manager, Partnerships for Perrier. "The Perrier ARTXTRA program builds on this legacy, offering emerging creative leaders a dynamic platform for showcasing their work, and also engages consumers in the selection process to help name our first-ever Perrier Artist of the Year."
The three ARTXTRA nominees will be collaborating with Perrier for an interactive installation series on-site at Miami's Nautilus South Beach Hotel. The installations will be unveiled at a special Miami Art Week event on November 30th, featuring the artists and members of the ARTXTRA advisory board.
Follow #PerrierARTXTRA for news and announcements on the competition. For additional information, visit: perrier.tumblr.com/artxtra.
About Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water
For over a century Perrier® has collaborated with some of the world's most famous and distinguished artists, including Andy Warhol, Salvador Dali and Bernard Villemot. Perrier® was first bottled in the south of France in 1863. Perrier® is a sugar-free and calorie-free sparkling natural mineral water. With its refreshingly unique bubbles and low mineral content, Perrier® is perfect on its own, with a slice of lemon, or mixed with juices or spirits. The iconic green bottle is recognized around the world as the number one sparkling natural mineral water. Perrier® also offers a tempting selection of natural flavors including Citron, Lime, Pink Grapefruit, L'Orange and Green Apple.
- Meghan Markle Says Her Favorite Avocado Dip is in This Charity Cookbook
- Trader Joe’s Is Now Selling Candy Corn-Flavored Popcorn
- 50 States: 50 Spots: These Are the Top Natural Wonder in Your State
- America’s Best Old-School Candy Shops
- Shake Shack Is Selling Chicken Nuggets, and We Can’t Wait to Try Them