The holiday season is pretty much chocolate and peppermint season as far as I’m concerned. We have about a month in between Thanksgiving and Christmas so that’s plenty of time to get our fill until next year.
Christmas is my favorite holiday because I love the blinky lights, buying presents and enjoying a taste of all things peppermint. Sharing a Peppermint Cookie Mudslide with you seems very fitting, doesn’t it? It makes wrapping presents somewhat bearable!
The whole present wrapping thing is a chore. I love hunting down the perfect gift, which means something that will make the recipient smile or laugh, but I hate tucking the corners of the wrapping paper against the ends of the box and making all the corners look even. Hmph! Picture me taking a sip of my Peppermint Cookie Mudslide.
Perhaps I’ll make my family hunt down their gifts in a treasure hunt this year and tuck her or his gift snugly inside a gift bag. It’s really the thought that counts so I’m sure they won’t mind! They’ll probably appreciate the treasure hunt more than my traditional delegation of the present wrapping. My other half ends up wrapping gifts for the kids and rest of the family while one of the kids accepts my plea to wrap the presents for my other half. I usually end up hunting down the reindeer antler headbands or making a funny animated Christmas card just for laughs.
This is also the season for having friends over and enjoying some festive games, food and drinks. I love Christmas parties! This Peppermint Cookie Mudslide would make a delicious dessert beverage for the adults. Serve the full size or if you’re having a dessert table set up buffet style, pour mudslides into little cups for Peppermint Cookie Mudslide shooters. They’ll fit in perfectly next to the cookies.
Or you could just cut the recipe in half and make one for yourself if you’re stuck wrapping the presents.
What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces kahlua
- 1 1/2 ounces peppermint liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 peppermint candy cane
- 4 oreos, or your favorite chocolate sandwich cookie
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
- chocolate syrup, for garnish inside the glass
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermint candy cane pieces
- In a blender pitcher add ice and pulse 5-6 times to break up into smaller pieces.
- Add Kahlua, peppermint liqueur, ice cream, candy cane, cookies and coffee.
- Blend until smooth.
- Decorate the inside of a small glass with chocolate syrup.
- Pour mudslide into glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and candy cane pieces.
- Should fill standard rocks glass 3/4 of the way full. Glasses in photograph are slightly smaller than the standard rocks glass.
Vitamix 5200 Blender
Vitamix 750 Blender
Hamilton Beach Blender