Old Town School of Folk Music
Music School, Performing Arts
- Going to see Dar Williams this evening. Must remember to mute new cell phone.
- Take in everything from Senegalese hip-hop to tropicalia on World Music Wednesdays. Its still a school, too, by the way: satisfy your undying urge to learn the Autoharp or oud.
- A very special happy place. Making music is good for the soul. Take my guitar class!
- Old Town reminds me how lucky I am to live in Chicago. Great shows, great venue, great classes.
- Take in everything from Senegalese hip-hop to tropicalia on World Music Wednesdays. Its still a school, too, by the way: satisfy your undying urge to learn the Autoharp or oud. -ASK
- Music, dancing, friendly folks & me!
- Make sure and grab a micro brew to have with your lesson or event downstairs, try the Hoegaarden :)
- Try out a beginners class here in aoat instrument. Instructors are great and classes are a great place without a lot of pressure and tons of fun. Buy a beer at the cafe and bring it to class!
- A great voice teacher at the Old Town School is Carol Kagy--the best!
- Wiggleworms provides over 2,000 infants and toddlers with their first experiences with music, including learning story songs, dance, finger plays and rhythm instruments.
- Guitar lessons here are the highlight of my week.Perfect for the untalented beginner who loves music. Warm and comfortable atmosphere for casual learning. They host some fantastic concerts too.
- Don't miss our Chicago World Music Festival presentation on september 23rd, 2012!!!
- Classes and workshops for students turn into many free concerts throughout the year. Check their website for details.
- Excellent concert venue. Small theater lends to a very intimate setting.
- Take a guitar class with Mark Dvorak. He's patient and teaches at a good pace, especially for those who are beginners.
- First Fridays is a fun way to see lots of different ensemble groups play, so you can pick one to join - fun!
- Great music classes; great community. Charles Kim and Bob Goins are good teachers, fun and welcoming to newbies.
- Get to OTSFM and take a class, see a show, or just hang out in the lobby before class!
- We love OTS for music and art classes with the kids
- Great classes, shows, place for music and instruments.