Old Town Farmers' Market
301 King St (btw N Royal and N Fairfax)
Alexandria, VA 22314
7:00am - 12:00pm
- George Washington used to send the produce from his Mt. Vernon estate to this farmers market. Find flowers, veggies, artisan goods and more every Saturday.
- Parking in the city garage under the market is free if you're in after 5:30 and out by 12:30!!!!
- No pets allowed which us ridiculous.
- No dogs allowed in plaza during market hours
- Fresh cut flowers 4/$5. Guatemalan coffee is great!
- The nation's oldest running farmer's market! George Washington sold his produce here! Don't miss it!
- Love that I can get a fresh pastry and hot cup of coffee here and when done shopping can walk down by the water with a beautiful view.
- Don't go to the guys on the corner- they aren't local.
- Don't pass by the kiwi gear guys without stopping. Warm socks and really comfortable boots all hand made in New Zealand.
- Take the free King St trolley if you don't want to walk with grocery bags! Parking costs.
- Great place to get fresh produce and enjoy a great walk
- Come check out the 9/11 memorial tshirt stand. These shirts look great
- don't pass by the hungry farmer produce table for the BEST sweet or spicy homemade jams, jellies, and sauces. (and be sure to sample miss kitty's devil beans...)