Nhà Hát Múa Rối Thăng Long (Thang Long Water Puppetry Theatre) (Nhà Hát Múa Rối Thăng Long)
- A nice, attractive show :-)
- Cc bn nc ngoi ti H Ni la rt thch th ch ny.
- Dont pay the camera ticket.
- If you want to watch water puppet show in vietnam, this is the place. Unique and entertaining. Many showtimes a day but come early to buy tickets as many are pre-booked by tour groups.
- Zero leg room. Beware if you're tall
- Great for a 30 minute nap!
- . .
- A pretty safe place to go. No too sophisticated. Enjoyed music as much as the show.
- The shows are performed in a waist-deep pool. A large rod supports the puppet under the water and is used by the puppeteers, who are normally hidden behind a screen, to control them.
- Atractively...water puppet show....
- get your tickets early, from you hotel if you can. if your seat is between 5 and 14 get there early, rows are tight.
- You'll enjoy the show if you love traditional folk art. Get ticket early for the front rolls to get closer to see greater details. Tickets at 100k and 60k dong. Quite inexpensive.
- Kinda boring...you should know the storyline prior the show otherwise you re lost & bored feom second one
- Wish that I can understand what they are saying in the introduction and the lyrics of their song. It is spoken and sang in local language so all I can do is watch the actions of the puppets.
- The water puppet show is better in Saigon: more interesting storyline, more sophisticated tricks, and less propagandistic dialogue (i.e. you won't hear the word "comrade" even once).
- Buy tickets days in advance, lower expectation and try to get seats upfront or else you will just see people's head
- It is way too long, especially since the puppets don't move around very much, but you definitely should go while you're in Hanoi as it goes by pretty quickly. Book early for a better seat.
- Worth watching to appreciate the Vietnam history .
- Awesome and atractive
- Fat white guys won't fit. I had to stand.