NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher
900 Loggerhead Rd (at Fort Fisher Blvd)
Kure Beach, NC 28449
- Be sure to check out feeding time in the big tank w/the scuba divers!
- No tax in the gift shop. Reasonably priced too.
- Excellent facility and very friendly staff
- Great site for learning about the native animals and sea life in SE North Carolina!
- Awesome albino alligator ;]
- Memberships are tax deductible and good for free admission at all aquariums and the NC Zoo
- Love the Seahorses!
- Be sure to take your photo with the green screen its awesome. Fun fun backgrounds
- The butterfly bungalow was very cool and definitely worth the extra $3!
- A fun time!
- Sadly we missed the Show, But touching sharks was great!
- Great playground at the end and don't miss the fossil dig!
- It's a bit remote, but it's nice and warm inside for cold days in the winter.
- One of the best spots in town! The volunteers are great and there is plenty to see! Be sure to check out the Dive Shows in the big tank at 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.!
- Great Place
- love it here!
- Scouts and other groups can spend the night "Sleeping with the Fishes" We had a blast
- Buy a membership and it's good for almost all aquariums and zoos, nationwide!
- Its great for little kids, they will be entertained for sure. Us adults were a little let down as we expected something much bigger, like aquarium sized, especially it being on the coast.
- Great place to take children of all ages. Hands on exhibits and lots of ledges for the little ones to get right up to the glass walls of the fish tanks.