Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
Museum, History Museum
- Check out First Fridays featuring lectures, bands, DJs and special museum tours! Also, don't forget to see the Space Shuttle Endeavour on display out front!
- The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is the largest natural history museum in the western United States with more than 33 million specimens and artifacts
- LA (see) First Fridays! Enjoy DJs, live music and drinks amongst the dinosaurs on the first Friday of every month.
- Free admission on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Great place for families and children. Dinosaurs, mammals and reptilian exhibits the best.
- Check out the live insects.
- This museum is recommended for the whole family. Your kids will definitely have fun, enjoy all the exhibits, live shows and presentations, and learn many important facts and information.
- Get the patron level membership. You get to skip the line up front and gets you into the butterfly exhibit even when it's sold out. This membership also includes membership to over 300 museums
- Come during the week before lunch to avoid screaming school kids and wailing babies. Grab lunch at the cafe downstairs.
- Don't miss First Fridays for your monthly dose of live music, stimulating scientific discussion, and behind-the-scenes curatorial tours.
- Holds the title of being the 3rd-largest museum of its type in the U.S., w/ more than 3.5 million specimens. Free admission first Tuesday of most months, except July/August; free every Tuesday in Sept
- We heard a 3 yr old say to his dad today: "Look daddy they got zombies here..." - watch out in the N. American history area, you've been warned!
- We love this spot for an educational family outing - its the largest natural and historical museum in the western U.S., with more than 33 million historical relics. Have fun while learning!
- Take Dino quiz & get a Dino pin at gift shop.
- Did you know? Of the museum's 35 million artifacts and specimens, the oldest by far are the meteorites on display theyre 4.5 billion years old!
- Watch the "live" dinosaur show upstairs on the 2nd floor.
- Very friendly staff. I parked over in the science A parking lot and they were kind enough to to run down the info as to when the parking lot closed.
- The Expo metro line stops right in front!
- Be sure to Check out the Butterfly Pavilion in April 13, 2014
- Make sure you check out our new Silk Roads Exhibit at the NHM!
700 Exposition Park Drive (at Figueroa St)
Natural History Museum of LA County (900 Exposition Blvd.)
900 Exposition Blvd