This creamy dip is going to be a favorite with you, your family and your guests. You really can’t go wrong with a warm, cheesy dip like this one. The recipe is adapted from a casserole recipe that is really good to serve over rice (we love rice at my house), but the last time I made the casserole, I ended up using chips for spoons. So, I made a few changes, and here you have this comfort food dip that’ll be the star of your appetizer menu.
Comfort foods like this really hit the spot after a long, hard day. Somehow when you dip into a dish like this, the day doesn’t seem as bad. At least until the dip is gone! Do you have a favorite comfort food that makes everything almost better?
I encourage you to try this very same recipe with ground beef or perhaps steak to make a slight change. You’ll love it!
With the timing of this recipe, you can work on the main dish while this dip bakes in the oven if you don’t already have something cooking in the crock pot.
It’s also the perfect dish to make in a counter-top oven, if there are plenty of other goodies in the big one. I like serving this with big Fritos scoops, but toasty bagel chips would be awesome too. Or celery and carrots, if you’re into that healthy sort of thing. I guess. This really isn’t a dip for you if you’re watching calories, so I say go full-on with the chips.
If you have willing helpers, you can encourage everyone to dive in and lend a hand so you can sit with everyone else once the dip is ready to eat.
I hope you love this recipe! Be sure to check out the other awesome appetizer recipes here on Food Fanatic.
- oil, for sauteeing
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips, plus more for dipping
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- fresh tomatoes and green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil a large pan and preheat on medium heat.
- Cook the chicken, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Cook onion, chili powder and cumin until the onions are tender.
- Stir in green chiles, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup and diced tomatoes.
- Mix in cooked chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese
- Top with 1 1/2 cups of crushed chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until it’s bubbly.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese and bake until melted.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record