Mrs. White's Golden Rule
Southern / Soul
Lists & rankings
- The fried chicken is sooooo good...makes this Southern girl not quite so homesick.
- Fried chicken is the best.
- Check out Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe as seen on Best Thing I Ever Ate
- This place has the most amazing soul food. I am complete!
- There's nothing pretentious about the mac and cheese at this soul food staple. This straightforward side dish is good for those in search of something more traditional.
- 2012 Best of Phoenix Winner: Best Soul Food Restaurant! The best stick-to-you-ribs Southern food from fried catfish, grits and greens to pork chops and chicken-fried steak!
- BEST peach cobbler EVER!!!!!!!!!!
- Best Chicken Fried steak, anywhere
- 2010 Best of Phoenix Winner: Best Soul Food! It's all about eating on your honor. The list of scrumptious options is scribbled all over the walls fried catfish, greens, and grits among them.
- Oh the corn bread and fried chicken!!!
- The fried chicken is simply incredible, possibly outdone only by the smothered pork chops which were among the most delicious thing I've ever eaten! The chicken fried steak was also good.
- Everything from the fried catfish to the black eyed peas! Gotta get here early to try the peach cobbler so we will be back!
- The chicken fried steak sandwich was about the same amount of meat as the entree, with one less side and nearly half the price. Get the sandwich.
- This is the Bens Chili Bowl of Arizona. Ox Tails were to die for. Serious soul food aficionados only.
- Every bite of fried chicken made me smile and relax a little more. It's just so good.
- Just like visiting a small soul food eatery in the Deep South, with excellent catfish, smothered chicken, oxtails, greens, cornbread, and peach cobbler.
- Salty and over cooked. Friendly staff though.
- Surprisingly fast service and great food!
- Go for the golden fried chicken--the best ever.