Minnehaha Parkway East
Trail, Park, Road
W Minnehaha Parkway (btwn Lake Nokomis and Minnehaha Ave)
Minneapolis, MN 55417
- Day or night, this is the best place to walk your dog in Nokomis!
- The creek boasts awesome walking and biking trails. The tree cover is lush and green all summer and gorgeous in the fall.
- After getting run over by the tourists at Calhoun you move to Harriet, then you get run over by one of the over 100 5K runs held there each year, The locals run Minnehaha Creek.
- Great trail system for a walk, run, or bike ride. It can get congested during summer weekends - be careful and stay on the right path.
- Cross the 31st Ave footbridge, south towards the Pkwy, and take a look at the completed 2nd story addn & total remodel of the house on the corner. Great example of keeping the neighborhood character.
- Eventhough it is poorly lit, I walk my dog along the creek at night all the time without any problems. But as always be aware of your surroundings. You'll most likely only run into us dog walkers :)
- Grab a great shot of the creek off of 46th & 31st ave. Watch out for bikers.