Park, Dog Run, Playground
- Bring your dog, or borrow a friend's and visit the insanely big and really pretty off leash dog park. The sprawling wilderness buts right up to the Mississippi River.
- checked out the falls
- One of Minneapolis oldest & most popular parks, it attracts over 850,000 thousand visitors annually. The 193-acre park features a 53-foot waterfall, limestone bluffs and river overlooks.
- If taking pictures of the falls, come in the morning or early afternoon because the sun sets directly over the waterfall.
- Price for parking has gone up every year....park in the neighborhood straight across from parking machine, only adds 3 mins to your walk. Take the "local" route.
- Take out of town guests here and wait for it... hear them talk about how cool the Twin Cities are compared to where they live.
- Take an easy hike to the bottom of the ravine where, as Henry Wadsworth Longfellow describes "the Falls of Minnehaha/Flash and gleam among the oak-trees/Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Voted Best Bike Trail by City Pages in 2012! A stunning trip always, the path runs under a lush canopy of trees beneath the Mississippi bluffs, entering Fort Snelling state park. Its a genuine escape.
- If you have the gear come now. Good ice climbing practice. Nice chamber under frozen falls.
- Don't forget your camera! Great photo opportunities!
- Enjoy the beautiful outdoors!
- Fantastic place for senior photos. So many great places to shoot
- Show up on Labor Day Monday for the Laughing Waters Bluegrass Festival.
- The wading area just down the creek after the Falls and before Wabun Picnic area is a great area to hang out on a sunny day.
- Great for hikes, picnics, cycling. Check out Minnehaha Falls. Sea Salt Eatery is here also. Cheap metered parking ($1/hr)
- A lot of green space and paved paths!
- One of the best sights in Minneapolis! Stand on the bridge to get the best view and enjoy the sounds of local musicians. Definitely bring a camera!
- This place is a lot of fun if you don't mind the crowd. It's pretty busy there and the falls are a little underwhelming but the park has a bunch of paths and incredible sandstone bluffs.
- Everything is. It is not only beautiful but we were awestruck by the views from every step. I will be stopping there again. I have told friends and family about it and when they went they agreed.
- Cool waterfall