Mimi’s Cafe Thanks Veterans and Troops with a Free Entrée at Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner on Friday, November 11
Mimi’s® Café, Whose Founder Was a WWII Veteran, Also Honors Veterans All Weekend Long with $5.99 Entrées from its Special ‘Veterans Day’ Menu
Dallas, TX (RestaurantNews.com) Mimi’s, the popular neighborhood cafe offering French-inspired American comfort food, is saluting America’s military with a free entrée from a special all-day ‘Veterans Day’ menu — featuring top selections from its everyday breakfast, lunch and dinner menus — on Veterans Day, Friday, November 11.
All veterans and active duty military will receive a complimentary entrée with the purchase of any non-alcoholic beverage. Choices include:
- Grilled Chicken & Frites: A half-pound chicken breast, topped with house-made rosemary herbes de Provence butter and served with hand-cut, scratch-made, double-fried Russet potatoes, seasoned with sea salt and herbs in the classic French Frites style.
- Chicken Chop Salad: Slow-roasted hand-pulled chicken breast, red & green bell peppers, mandarin orange slices, basil, cilantro, chopped cabbage and romaine lettuce tossed in sesame dressing.
- Brioche Cheeseburger: 100% USDA all-American, premium-cut beef on a toasted brioche bun with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and red onions and your choice of fresh thin-cut Russet fries, mixed fruit or house salad.
- Farmhouse Tacos: Three Hickory-smoked bacon, sausage, roasted potatoes and egg tacos in corn tortillas with cheddar cheese, Pico de Gallo and hand-mixed house-made guacamole.
On Saturday, November 12 and Sunday, November 13, veterans and active duty military will also receive their choice of breakfast, lunch or dinner entrees on the ‘Veterans Day’ menu for a special price of only $5.99 with the purchase of any non-alcoholic beverage.
Mimi’s CMO Stewart Slocum explains the significance of the day to Mimi’s Cafe and to the many veterans who are now valued Mimi’s guests: “Arthur Simms, Mimi’s founder, served in France during World War II. He discovered a love for French food and hospitality that led him to create Mimi’s Café back in 1972 so he could share this passion with family and friends in America. Inspiration from military service created Mimi’s Café, and we are proud to say ‘Thank you’ to our troops.”
Any proof of military service, which could include U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, DD214, Citation or Commendation, will be accepted to receive entrees from the ‘Veterans Day’ menu. The menu will be featured November 11 to 13 and is only available for dine-in. One free entrée per veteran or active duty military personnel will be offered on November 11. Veterans and active duty may enjoy $5.99 choices from the special menu for themselves at breakfast, lunch and dinner Saturday and Sunday.
About Mimi’s Cafe
Founded in 1978 by Arthur Simms, who was stationed in France during World War II, Mimi’s Cafe is a neighborhood cafe offering French Inspired American comfort food. In February 2013 Mimi’s Cafe was purchased by Le Duff America, Inc., the North American subsidiary of Groupe Le Duff, a global bakery and restaurant company headquartered in Rennes, France. Since then, the team has launched new dishes reflecting the culinary traditions of fresh ingredients, bistro classics, and American comfort food. There are 97 Mimi’s Cafe locations throughout 18 states in the U.S.
150PR for Mimi’s
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record