201 E Randolph St (btwn Columbus Dr & Michigan Ave)
Chicago, IL 60601
- This 24.5-acre park features the work of world-renowned architects, planners, artists and designers.
- First planned in 1997 to create new parkland in Grant Park & transform unsightly railroad tracks & parking lots, the Park has evolved into one of the most significant millennium projects in the world.
- The weekend event includes food, wine, spirits and beer tastings, celebrity chef demos and educational seminars from gourmet chefs. Be sure to check out the Grand Cru wine tasting on Saturday.
- Frank Ocean had a HUGE summer performance at Lollapalooza on 8/4/12. He rocked an audience of more than 60,000 fans who came back to see him after a crazy Chicago storm.
- Did you know? Millennium Park is one of the world's largest green roofs. It's 24.5 acres of green space are built on top of a subterranean parking garage.
- his city-sponsored venue hosts world-music and jazz shows in a beautifully designed bandshell in Millennium Park. The city curates indie gigs in the summer in its killer Downtown Sound series.
- Local desk jockeys and day-trippers alike love this 24.5 acre-park filled with architecture, gardens, fountains, and sculptures galore. Green Guide Editor
- Walk underneath Cloud Gate (aka the "Bean") and look for your reflection or listen to a free concert at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion.
- It made perfect since for fun. to perform here at Lolla in 2012, when their anthem "We Are Young" ruled the summer!
- The perfect place for a picnic and a night of music and dining al fresco! Free Wi-Fi is also available!
- Summer in the city! Bring a towel and a change of clothes. You might need it all.
- In the Lake House (2006), Kate (Sandra Bullock) watches skaters on the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink from the windows of the Park Grill restaurant, while she waits for Alex (Keanu Reeves).
- The bean, the water park, the ice skating, walking paths, gardens & amphitheater
- La foto en "The Bean" es obligatoria su nombre oficial es "The Cloud Gate" por el artista Anish Kapoor
- Cloud Gate is a three-story steel sculpture that has been dubbed "The Bean" by Chicagoans, because of its legume-like shape. The sculpture is the first public artwork in the United States by world-ren
- Cross the bridge and hang out in the end of Grant Park by the Daley Bicentennial Plaza, its less crowded
- Like NY's Central Park, but exceptional in a Chicago way. Lots to do and see year-round including picnics, concerts, skating and scenery.
- This city-sponsored venue hosts world-music and jazz shows in a beautifully designed bandshell in Millennium Park. The city curates indie gigs in the summer in its killer Downtown Sound series.-ASK
- Need a snack for the park? The Walgreens on the southwest corner of Michigan & Washington (across the street) has fresh fruit, sandwiches, a soda fountain, and water bottles. Enjoy the park!
- Are your dogs barking after a day touring Chicago? Take your shoes off and walk in Millennium Park's Crown Fountain. Samantha Brown