Luther Burbank Park
8236 SE 24th St (84th Ave SE)
Mercer Island, WA 98040
- Named after famous botanist Luther Burbank. He was responsible for developing over 100 new varieties of plums and prunes.
- Great view from the beach looking out a cross the water, but cant compete with some of the views from kirkland. Great for a picnic lunch
- Best dog park in the area. Water access too!
- At the north end of the park there is a hole in the grass. When the wave hit water shoots up like a geyser. The kids live it!
- Awesome playground. Zip line is the best. Kids loved it and not overly crowded
- A+ park. Dont miss the earth sculpture at the south end and the little quiet spots along the lake side path.
- It's almost like you're in the lake out on the piers!
- Calkins Point on the north end of the park has a spectacular panoramic view and water shallow enough to wade way out. Great at all times. Beautiful at sunset.
- Dog park/beach right on Lake WA, also lots of hiking trails, grassy knolls and a great playground.
- The dog park here is awesome.
- Our local waterfront park. Great trails and a dog friendly park with waterfront access for the four legged friends. Views across lake WA . Lovely
- Cooling off on a warm Spring day!!
- The park has been extended and the native vegetation is being restored. Great for kids (mini-zip line) and dogs. Leave valuables at home
- Nice park, but had to watch for dog crap everywhere.
- Dog friendly and access to water for them to swim.
- Great playground!
- well, not Bellevue, but close enough and nice views of the city
- Check out the Seattle Shakespeare Company's website for a schedule of Shakespeare in the Park performances: http://www.seattleshakespeare.org/