Dive Bar, Bar
135 Avenue A (btwn E 8th & E 9th St)
New York, NY 10009
- Perhaps my memory deceives me but I remember "Lucy" telling me back in 2000 that her name wasn't Lucy. A decade later she's relented to eponymity.
- If Sophies is queen of the East Village, Lucys is princess. Most locals know the place for bartender-owner, Lucy who frequently switches the jukebox to polka. Shes the boss here, as it should be.
- Expect nothing and gain everything - this place is a classic East Village dive that you can't help but fall in love with!
- They have a jukebox with Motley Crue, Pink Floyd, & Britney Spears, along with pool tables. You'll be sitting next to some eccentric artist & some fancy person, so it's kinda cool.
- Do not order complex drinks
- Go find Cory. He's good people. Also, Lucy, the owner, is always about.
- Careful if you get drunk happy feet, Lucy doesn't like for people to dance.
- Ask for cranberry- get black pepper.
- White. Russians.
- I really am
- Best dive bar, best East Village bar, best New York bar, best end-of-night bar Lucy's is all these, and a great jukebox bar too. Also in the mix, cheap (and strong) rail drinks.
- Click done on this if you've seen Lucy fall asleep at the bar. She's the best ever!
- great dive bar to end the evening!
- Zyweic is served at the optimal temperature
- Shhhh! Lucy wears a wig.. .
- Might be the best bar in America
- Lucy invented Spam. Ask her about it and she'll give you free shots of Spam Vodka.
- yeah this place is so good
- Cheap place to pool
- Always a fun time.