History Museum, Museum
450 Mulberry St (at E Butler Av)
Memphis, TN 38103
- Be sure to check out the National Civil Rights Museum!
- The National Civil Rights Museum includes the Lorraine Motel, where King's room is exactly as he left it before stepping out on the balcony to his death.
- Get there early and plan to spend a few hours. This is not something you want to rush through. You could easily spend three hours or more here. So worth the time.
- Never know who U run into here!
- Just visit and always Remember!
- Great way to put your kids in touch with history!
- A timeline that shows how King and Earl's lives came together at the Lorraine along with the hunt for James Earl Ray. Puts the Lorraine in the context of the times.
- civil rights museum
- If you have a soul, you appreciate what MLK was trying to accomplish and you want to continue the dream!
- Enjoyed visiting the site where Martin Luther King was killed 50 years ago
- Its a eye opening experience
- A wonderful tribute to a great man...
- Anyone who comes to Memphis should come here! It's now the National Civil Rights Museum of the city. Don't visit Graceland if you can't visit this place! MLK's legacy lives on!
- Unbelievably moving. Historic and important landmark.
- The history that it holds & shares about the last moments of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The site of Dr Martin Luther King's assassination in 1968, and adjacent to the National Civil Rights Museum.
- A good opportunity to learn more about Dr. MLKjr and black american history as well.
- Worth stopping by even if the museum is closed. There are educational video installations outside.
- Walk around the side to see the room where MLK Jr. was shot. Visit the Civil Rights Museum while you're there!
- Where dr. Martin luther king jr. Was shot and killed by james earl ray