Performing Arts, Concert Hall, Theater
- The Long Center is home to Austins premier performance art groups, including the Austin Symphony Orchestra, Austin Lyric Opera and Ballet Austin. See touring acts here as well.
- Order your intermission drink before the show starts, and it will be waiting for you at the break!
- Concerts in the Park on the lawn in front with Austin Symphony! Sundays during the summer at 7:30pm. Great for a picnic, a date, alone, or with the kids.
- Sipping champagne at intermission on the terrace overlooking the river with the city as background. Can't get any better.
- FREE Labor Day weekend concert! Del Castillo on the City Terrace Saturday, Sept 1, 7pm.
- Having a drink during intermissions on the balcony that overlooks the water and park is worth the ticket price! "Tarantino in Concert" during SXSW! More deets at do512.com
- You can park across the street in the parking lot behind the Hooters for no charge.
- For at least some performances, you can pay the valet 5 bucks extra to park your car right up front and then keep your keys, for a quick escape at the end. You just have to ask.
- See Bon Iver here.
- The wife and I are going to check out Groovaloos amazing hip hop dance at the Long Center. We saw them on SYTYCD, and they were the shiiiii.
- What a beautiful venue with fantastic performances. The acoustic there is phenomenal. It's cozy and comfortable.
- great acoustics!
- Founded in 1911, the Symphony is Austins oldest performing arts group. The Halloween Childrens Concert and Christmas Sing-Along are local family faves.
- Parking garage takes cash and credit card!
- If you can get over the unnecessarily pretentious ushers, this is one of the best theaters in the country.
- One by blue lapis light is a must see!!!
- You can tell it's owned by the city and staff is great. I wish they would cater to more smaller events but they really push large ones...
- The Keep Austin weird festival looked awesome!
- Be sure to catch the seasonal "Concerts in the Park" on the front lawn with the Austin Symphony!
- Enjoy loads of shows, operas, The Nutcracker and other ballets plus so much more! Classy bar with several private venues for a taste of style in a beautiful setting!