Although critically-acclaimed chef Laurent Gras no longer runs the kitchen, L2O's prix-fixe-only menu reigns on as one of the best in Chicago. Diners enjoy expertly-prepared seafood and sashimi of the highest quality, sourced from around the world. L2O's bread service, featuring anchovy rolls, bite-sized pain au lait and bacon-infused twists along with house-churned butter garners rave reviews from even the most carb-fearing. — Jess Kapadia, 2/19/11
Seafood, Sushi, French
$ $ $ $
2300 North Lincoln Park W (at W Belden Ave.)
Chicago, IL 60614
6:00pm - 10:00pm
6:00pm - 10:00pm
5:30pm - 11:00pm
5:00pm - 11:00pm
5:30pm - 9:00pm
Lists & rankings
- Poached halibut is a favorite lush and buttery with a whimsical parsley meringue disk that dissolves on the tongue.
- Try the Forest mushrooms from our 100 Best list: Founding chef Laurent Gras left. Michelin took away two stars. When we ate this wild and brooding mushroom dish at L2O, we couldnt have cared less.
- The bathroom has a fishtank with little crustaceans... Cute.
- L20 is Laurent Grass restaurant in Chicago.-Eric Ripert, Top Chef Judge
- 4 of 4 stars. "A lot of words have been used to describe L2O-- minimalist, compelling, any superlative you care to name-- but until recently, playful was not among them." Phil Vettel, Chicago Tribune
- Ever heard of akagai, sagoshi, kanburi? Theyre all fish served up at this elegant Asian-inflected seafoodery. Dont miss the house-made anchovy brioche or the delectable praline souffl.
- Do a tasting menu with wine pairing. Expensive, but worth it. Their wines are amazing -- the best I've ever had -- and they pair so well. Food & service were both great.
- Most amazing meal of my life thus far! Justin was a great lead waiter he was hilarious and knowledgable. Great sommelier with great suggestions! What a great experience the tasting was superb!!
- eat the wagyu beef. Best thing I've ever eaten. Period.
- 2013 - 2 Michelin Stars
- Outrageous sweetbreads for a restaurant specializing in raw fish. Although you hear not to fill up on bread, go ahead and butter those mini pain-au-laits and bacon twists. They're unparalleled.
- food's excellent but short of spectacular. Alinea is a superior choice in the price range. wine flight is mediocre
- If u want to try modern jap cuisine, do not miss this restaurant. I had the most original fish?? shabu shabu!
- Try the Surf And Turf
- Food is excellent. Service is superb.
- Best meal I've ever had in my life. Try the tasting menu. Each dish is a work of art.
- Super small portions don't pair well with the high prices.
- Check out L2O Restaurant as seen on No Reservations
- This sophisticated restaurant inside the Belden-Stratford building drips with indulgence from start to finish. Choose the five-course prix fixe dinner or go all-out with the 12-course tasting menu.
- Get rewarded at L2O! Earn points on every purchase toward meals, trips & wine. Ask your server about the Lettuce Entertain You Frequent Diner Club.