Robert and Arlene Kogod Courtyard
Plaza, Art Museum, Art Gallery
- I love this courtyard as a study space! If your laptop runs out of battery there are a few tables on the 3rd floor and one has outlets.
- This is my favorite place to sit in DC.
- Definitely check out the Take 5 events during the summer. Great jazz, good people watching, and good vibe.
- Want to read the paper or a book "outside" on a sweltering or freezing DC day? This is your place. They enclosed the courtyard but it still feels outside-ish. A real DC insider tip.
- Have some desert the lemon tarts are tasty! The courtyard is a great place to meet up with friends or find a quiet place to surf the web on their free WiFi.
- love Sat afternoon here. good for whole family and the cafe is great
- Stunning calm and gorgeous! Great place to sit and chill and have a bite.
- Although it looks like the place has no power outlets, you can find them under some of the removable panels set into the floor.
- Great for sitting and relaxing. Good place for catching up with friends.
- One of my favorite spaces in DC. You can bring your own food / drink, and the cafe is really convenient. The large marble slabs are awesome for napping or sprawling while reading
- This place is pretty cool and makes a great lunch spot. Bring some Shake Shack or Shophouse and grab a seat anywhere. Great place to bring visitors.
- Best place to have a picnic lunch when it's freezing outside. It can feel just a bit like spring again.
- Rain or shine, this just might be the best lunch spot in the neighborhood. Quiet, air conditioned, Wi-Fi, and "outdoor seating." Brown bag it or buy something from the cafe.
- Arts and crafts night! $20 including two free drinks.
- One of my DC happy places, for sure. Wonderful oasis in any extreme weather!
- Free WiFi is good, but why do they block IMAP and SMTP? E-mail is kind of a basic part of the Internet.
- The apple pie and espresso at illy cafe was awesome.
- Danger: Don't let your kids run through the fountains. It's slippery. I saw one kid fall backwards and smack his head.
- A great air-conditioned and daylit space for hot or lousy weather. Big marble bench/planters you can climb on and tables and chairs. A pricy but good cafe, and a sometimes-on splash fountain.