James Coney Island
Hot Dogs, Fast Food
3607 S Shepherd Dr (at Richmond Ave.)
Houston, TX 77098
Lists & rankings
- #32 on America's Best Hotdogs 2015
- #33 on America's Best Hotdogs 2015
- On a Budget? Cant beat James Coney Island since 1923 for delicious hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken strips, and even salads! $5 to $10. Many locations, including the Museum District and Galleria.
- The people that work here are some of the most friendly people I have ever met.
- Kids eat free on Wednesdays with the purchase of an adult meal.
- Houston Press 2012 Favorite Dishes - Lone Star Dog
- Try the Grilled Chicken Sandwich - #chicken
- Try the Lonestar - #hotdog
- Lots of things are great...Im a fan of the 95 year old original cheese coney.
- Hotdogs are the best in the city.
- Fyi: Ordered Garlic Parmesan Fries, guy tries to tell me they don't sell, them that they are actually Garlic Cotija Cheese Fries. If drive-thru they give you the fries as a dine-in style not to go. :/
- Very friendly staff. Excellent hot dogs.
- How in the world did I live in Houston for 2 years and not try this place. Best chili dogs for less than 3 bucks!
- The pulled pork BBQ Slaw Dog was amazing! Onion rings nicely seasoned too.
- Ask for the AP special. They'll know what your talking about!
- Baja Hot Dog was superb!!
- The mayor looks like he's running for real Mayor!
- The hot dogs are all good, especially the plain coney.
- Houston Press We Love Food - favorite Houston dishes - The Houstonian
- Beware, any other option would be better than eating here. Unless you only have $.99 and are okay with an upset stomach...
- Try a coney with Ketchup and cheese only. May sound strange, but it's delicious!
- High prices, low quality. Blech. Never again.