Illinois Beach State Park
State / Provincial Park, Beach, Campground
- Do yourself a favor and do not go to this beach. There's a sign that says look out for asbestos and to contact so n so if you see some. The debris is unbelievable. I felt like I walked through a dump
- Water is chilly. Great boat watching. It's like playing in a life size zen garden. Stacking rocks is a must!
- Watching the sun rise over the lake was definitely the highlight of my trip
- The state park is a great place to hang out with friends.
- On a hot day, the sand is extra hot, so be careful!
- Beach has eroded and camp store is closed.
- Beautiful. We hope to come back camping.
- Look north and you'll see a shut down nuclear power plant
- Aside from beach essentials, bring bug repellent for gnats, flying ants, flies & squitos. Wear reef walkers for hot sand & rocks in water. Clear waters!
- If you're camping, enjoy the showers. They're not fancy, but the water's nice and hot!
- Great beach. Nasty bathrooms.
- TONS OF BOUNCING VOLLEY BALL GAMES
- Hit the gym
- This is the only part of Illinois with sand dunes.
- Lovely park and beautiful scenery!
- 7051 Barry St, Rosemont, IL 60018