$ $ $
200 E Grayson St
San Antonio, TX 78215
- Italian style characterizes this fine dining in a casual atmosphere restaurant from local chef Andrew Weissman. Fresh pasta is made daily.
- Andrew Weissman, who also owns seafood-centric The Sandbar, makes most of his pasta in-house, including the conchiglie that's served with ham, peas, wild mushrooms, and cream.
- Lunch is great - no wait and the food is excellent. The Butternut Squash Raviolli is extraorinary!
- The food was great and the place
- Andrew Weissman has created the perfect cozy spot with impeccable service right down to the citrus offered for your water. Must try: the homemade pizzas and pastas.
- Apparently the chef from La Reve closed there to take on all of San Antonio. Good to see a chef of his caliber bringing San Antonio solid options outside Mexican and Tex-Mex...
- I had the salmon, but I loved everything about this place.
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the European experience begins as you enter the casual restaurant where floor-to-ceiling pasta windows feature fresh pasta being rolled and cut by chefs daily.
- The margarita pizza is priced by the hour. Go early to get a cheap dinner.
- Il Sogno has a relaxed vibe and a menu dedicated to house-made pastas, wood oven-fired pizzas and serious mains like wild-hog spezzatino with polenta and taleggio cheese.
- They sat me next to the corner mafioso table like they knew me. The pizza is really good here.
- Il Sogno means "the dream" in Italian.
- Did not live up to recommendations. Currently live 5 hrs from Italy, this interpretation was not good. Wood fired pizza and salads looked amazing, gnocchi tasted like polenta, tiramisu 75% mascarpone.
- Best place in town!
- Good food, terrible waiter - Joshua - not friendly at all. Lemon cake was hard and exchanged for the lemon cello gelato which had ice crystals - not good
- Ask for Meghan. Amazing server!!
- Ask for Mario. He's great.
- Ask for the antipasti starters, let your waiter surprise you
- Chef/Owner Andrew Weissman is a CIA grad. Learn more about the chef here:
- Sit at the kitchen bar to watch the chefs cook.