The Hurricane Club
Cocktail, Asian, Lounge
$ $ $ $
- Can you hear anything in this place but the crowd? Have a big drink in a coconut and order the Peking pig. Bali hai!
- Opening Monday the menu is nothing to Pu Pu, with a selection of said platters, whole crispy big island fish, crispy peking pig, & a selection of Hawaiian raw fish preparations called poke.
- Follow the neon light downstairs to the rum fountain. For $4 (plus tip if you're so inclined) you get a small glass bottle of the rum of the night - direct from the fountain!
- Go for the shared drinks! #410 (rhubarb/mint/lime), #420 (champagne/jasmine/coconut), & #450 (nigiri/raspberry/lemongrass/mango).
- The bartender Bobby is amazing and makes amazing drinks!
- the service here blows
- Try the The Hurricane Rib - Caramelized Long Bone Short Rib. One of the sickest things i've experienced in nyc. If you order one thing, make sure it's this. I think it's unicorn meat with ecstasy lime
- Get the shrimp!!! And watermelons
- 2 - ))
- Think of any rum- they'll probably have it! It's a great place to have events and be casual cool. Where else can you drink out of a coconut?
- Try the Golden Chicken Nuggets and the Tri Tip Steak
- Yearning for a tropical spot in the dead of winter? Head here and order one of the "in the shell" cocktails, served either in a coconut, pineapple or red pepper.
- Don t poke the watermelon
- drinks good service average
- the coconut rice. do it
- The little duck tea sandwiches are delicious!
- Great vibe. Try the coconut rice - delish. The watermelon drink is great for sharing.
- Drink anything in a coconut and nothing else.
- Make sure you head downstairs and get some rum from the fountain.... Just follow the neon sign.
- Try the Pu Pu Platter - Chefs Choice