Hunter Mountain Ski Resort
Ski Area, Lodge
- I love going down on these blacks
- There's soft serve ice cream available in the base lodge! Available Wed-Sun in the Marketplace!
- try Jimmy Heugo! =)
- Use the lockers inside the restrooms. They're $1 instead of $5 + $5 deposit for the ones by equipment rental.
- The Watermelon Feta Salad is amaaaaazing!!!
- Way sweeter than expected...nice powdery groomers, fun bumps. Turkey focaccia with Gouda Sammy was deelish in base lodge. All around good day.
- Zip lining in the summer is a must!! Do the sky trek course, it's the best and 'most advanced'. Hilarious zip guides will make the day a blast. Incredible views!!
- Great powder!!!!
- head for the back side to avoid the crowds. annapurna, clair's, and 44 if it's open. in front, hit the cliff, racer's edge, eisenhower, then tackle k27 followed by mossy brook trail for a break. :)
- Sharpen those edges! You don't know ice 'till you know Hunter Mountain.
- The Belt Parkway is a nice run.
- go here from nyc with livingsocial adventures any weekend in the winter
- $5 for a locker is lame
- Get here either early (8:30) or late (12:00) if you're renting. The lines get ridiculously long during peak times when busses arrive. Really nice facilities if you don't mind crowds.
- This is my favorite place in the world. The summit lodge has amazing potato soup, get it in a bread bowl.
- Pay $15 to park near ski school bldg--that hill coming up is a killer!
- Do laps on the 'F' lift that goes from a midstation up to the summit. It's way less crowded, and you can hit up Minya Konka, Upper K-27, East Side Drive, and Milky Way -- all great runs.
- Hit the runs under the main lift first, but as soon as it gets too crowded head over to Hunter West
- The lines are ridiculous here
- Great place to go just to hit the slopes. Not too far from NY, so a trip there for the day and back is easy without overnight stay.