Can we all agree that drinkable desserts are one of the best inventions of all time?
They don’t even feel like desserts. Because they are drinks. And drinks are calorie-free, am I right?
Not to be a braggart, but I’ve upped the ante with this one by adding booze. A boozy drinkable dessert. You are welcome, sirs and madams. I take payment in the form of spa gift certificates, fruit roll-ups, or cash.
Aunt Carol just said WHAT?! Uncle Phil voted WHO? I don’t remember, things are looking a little fuzzy around the edges. Pass the hot pumpkin pie cocktails, please.
This thick, creamy drink really does taste like drinkable pumpkin pie with a kick. Rumchata gives it a creamy cinnamon flavor and the whipped cream vodka is the perfect touch. If you really want to go for overachiever status, serve with crispy strips of baked pie crust for dipping.
Not a bad idea, if you ask me.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy this cozy cocktail. Put a log on the fire, wrap up in a soft chenille blanket, and sip on your warm, cinnamon-ey pumpkin drink while you watch Gilmore Girls reruns.
Or maybe I’m projecting. Fall is basically when all of my dreams come true. Baggy sweatshirts, warm sugar cookies, and wool socks that come up to my knees. Why does summer even exist, again?
Whip up this cocktail the next time you’re craving something warm with a kick. It’s sweet enough to count as dessert!!
- 2 cups rumchata
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipped cream vodka
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine Rumchata, milk, vodka, and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, then stir in pumpkin, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil again, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into large mugs.
- Top with whipped topping and cinnamon sugar.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record