Indie Movies, Movie Theater
4122 NE Sandy Blvd (at NE Broadway)
Portland, OR 97212
- Best damn popcorn- kernels so big you might mistake them for cauliflower. Get some.
- This historic landmark theatre is well-known for helping educate and support local filmmakers, and it's a beautiful place to watch a film, too.
- H.P.Lovecraft Film Festival May 3-5,2013;awesome event!!!!!
- Not only does it inherently have character and ambience as a result of it's historic building, it also rotates fantastic films and offers some great concessions (micro brews, ice-cream, mmm....).
- I got married in this theatre. It was the best! :)
- This 1,500-seat Art Deco palace has a marquee that rises above the neighborhood like a beacon. The nonprofit Film Action Oregon runs it, showing independent films and teaching kids to make movies.
- Enjoy the sake list before or after a movie across the street at Magnolia's Corner! I made it myself :-)
- Hollywood Theatre is a nonprofit run by good peeps. Please consider donating on your way out :)
- Beautiful old theater with solid independent films. Grab a glass of wine and enjoy. Wine and beer are all good. Plastic cups and no cup holders.
- If the downstairs bathroom is packed there's one upstairs that's oftentimes more reasonable.
- Beats Alamo Drafthouse at original programming. Many are 1 night only, so plan your life accordingly
- I love this place. It's gotten better and better. Tip: Tuesdays for Kung Fu & Grindhouse 35mm prints
- Enjoy the new seats (2012) with cup holders!
- As seen on Portlandia! A Portland landmark dedicated to promoting and supporting the values and wonders of film.
- Quintessential quirky Portland. Rave.
- Don't worry, the lines move quickly. It's worth the wait.
- Great place to see a wide variety of movies. Good pizza and PBR tallboys don't hurt either.
- This Place Is Kewl
- I just love this theater!
- Keep an eye on their calendar-- you can find a lot of fun and unique events going on here!