Observatory, Scenic Lookout, Science Museum
12:00pm - 10:00pm
10:00am - 10:00pm
10:00am - 10:00pm
- In 1896, Col. Griffith J. Griffith gave funds in his will to build an observatory, exhibit hall, and planetarium on this donated land. Construction began in 1933 and opened to the public in 1935.
- Voted Best Of LA numerous times, the Observatory is the site of the famous James Dean knife fight scene in "Rebel Without A Cause". Aside from the heavenly view, the planetarium gift shop is awesome!
- The 300 seat Oschin Planetarium is one of the finest and most technologically sophisticated in the world. Once a month, Los Angeles astronomy clubs host a free Public Star Party on the lawn.
- A wise man once said, To gaze into a star is to gaze into ones own soul. A wiser man then said, This mans temperature is 105 degrees. Hes delirious. I like to believe they were both right.
- Go to Griffith Park Observatory and enjoy the beautiful LA weather
- Free parking/admission + amazing city views and science exhibits = totally awesome
- Don't beleive the 'lot is full' signs...you'll just end up walking past a bunch of closer spots as you trudge up the hill!
- Grab your hiking boots and make your way from the Los Angeles Zoo to the Griffith Observatory, made famous by Rebel Without a Cause. Stop at Trails Caf for lunch.
- Check out James Dean!
- Hiking here with the spectacular view of LA is one of Elodie Bouchezs favorite things to do in LA. Check out other recommendations from the French actress on her Ambler Route at the LV Amble Site.
- Arrive just before dusk to watch an incredible sunset and the Planetarium show. After dark, use the free large telescopes on the roof to see crystal clear images of the moon and stars. #vday
- Spectacular view and has one of the best planetariums! Centered in the Universe is a must see!
- My favorite hike in LA is to the Griffith Park Observatory go at sunrise or sunset!
- The Griffith Observatory is a good place to go on a date at night the views of LA are beautiful and romantic.
- Come after dark for star sightings through the Zeiss telescope, one of the largest in the world.
- When its sunny, hike. When its rainy, watch the storm fall on the city from above. Unexpectedly romantic.
- Awesome views, of LA and the sky above it. Bonus: really close to the Hollywood sign.
- The curators are polite and informative, go up to one an say "Hi"esp. if you think they're cute! ;)
- Fabulous views from up here :)
- To learn about stars that are truly out of this world, the exhibitions and displays in this Griffith Park landmark are all free.