Grand Lake Theater
Movie Theater, Indie Movies
- This is the best theater in the Bay Area as far as I'm concerned. No ads blasting, their politics are right on, and the owner is a good chap. I opt for this theater whenever I have the choice.
- This place is phenomenally beautiful. Great place to see a movie. Way under patronized. Less expensive than chains, bring a sweater bc it can be chilly and on Tuesdays FREE popcorn
- I LOVE the comments about politics and civic issues which Alan puts on the Marquee every week. He is a giant of Oakland City Pride and Telling the Truth.
- Location, Location, Location. Large theaters, great movie selection. This is my favorite bar-none.
- Justin bieber in THREE FRICKIN D
- One of the most gorgeous theater presentations that I've ever seen in all its art for great films at a good price, on the level of breathtaking qualities like the theaters of IMAX! Everyone should go!
- Great old theater, four good sized screens, comfy seats. Only detractor is aisle in the middle of the room, thus no perfect center seat. Small price to pay though.
- They don't take credit cards. Be sure to choose a Wurlitzer show.
- free popcorn m-f
- $6 matinees at an old school theater by the lake in Oakland. Love this theater. Be sure to follow the signs for lining up when checking out a popular movie.
- Saw Star Wars here! The dual-projection 3D looked great! Tickets and snacks are less expensive than chains, and the organist was wonderful! Great neighborhood, too!
- Nothing beats $5 Tuesdays! And one of the more beautiful theaters you'll ever see. Glad this spot is in the neighborhood.
- Post cards of the theater are on sale at the ticket counter for 50 cents each!
- $5 matinee price. Even for 3D. Great deal!
- Beautiful theater with an air organ and multiple theaters. Great place!
- So classic.
- Prettiest marquee I've ever seen
- My fave! Love this theater, and the prices are great
- Sit in the front to get a seat, even when its crowded. Visit http://zennie62.com and let me know what you think.
- Reuse your 3D glasses and get 50 cents off your ticket