Music Venue, Rock Club, Concert Hall
127 E 23rd St (btwn Park & Lexington Ave)
New York, NY 10010
- Medium size. Clean bathrooms. Decent acoustics. Stand and rock out or go to back for stadium style seating. Basement bar has more secluded lounge area, w/TVs & speakers so you don't miss anything.
- Did you use your MasterCard to purchase your New Yorker Festival tickets? Don't forget to claim your complimentary beverage.
- The Live Nation Ticket fairy sometimes hands out free tickets to upcoming events at Gramercy. If u follow @livenationnyc on twitter, we send out hints for what shows she will be at! Team Live Nation
- Rarely do any bands start within 45 minutes of the doors opening. Skip waiting in line and show up later. The Globe down the street has good beers and burgers.
- Security are really sweet dudes as long as you don't dick around. Also, if the ladies' room gets too crowded, head to the one in the basement!
- Primal Fear 5/20/10 7:30PM
- Most positive bathroom graffiti I've ever seen in the girls room
- If you hang out at the front of the house in the Gramercy Theater you can order drinks from the waitress who roams in front of the stage.
- close to 23rd street subway (line 6)
- The lounge downstairs is awesome. Love the wall murals and the funky furniture!
- Check out the kiosk!
- In 1950, the theatre was considered an "art house" due to eclectic programming, no admittance near the end of a film (unheard of back then), and coffee served in the waiting area.
- The sound here is pretty awful.
- Accept 5/8/10 8:00PM
- Good French crowd. Very sweet and lowdown prices.
- The bouncers here are dicks.
- Take a rest in the movie theater style seating at the back of the house.
- Great venue, but make sure you cover your drink! Some of the patrons are sketch
- Downstairs is a cool place to hang out, when it's open
- No credit cards