Park, Basketball Court, Playground
- Long. Green. Patch. Precursor to the epicness of GG Park. Usually Overcast. Always Less Crowded. Great to Bike Thru. Not So Much For Double Dare Themed Birthday Parties.
- Favorite trail to bike or run on. Up to stow lake mountain and back
- If you're walking/running/jogging, use the south pathway (near Oak Street). The north pathway is a major E/W bicycle route, and it's a little more tense for cyclists and pedestrians to share.
- Well..glad you asked. This park is know to locals as the Panhandle as it looks like a handle protruding from the edge Golden Gate Park.
- Play croquet drunk.
- Golden Gate Park is one of my favorites to get lost in for the afternoon. You can picnic with friends, go to the De Young Museum, or the Japanese Tea Garden. The options are endless!
- Do laps of the Panhandle on Sundays during Rollerblading Frenzy Hour. Helmets and a poor sense of balance are the only requirements.
- I LOVE THIS
- late-night bikers look out--after 11 they turn on the sprinklers and spray right across the bike path.
- Everything but the street kids.
- Connects the wiggle to Golden gate park and is flat. Great for running.
- Running on the pedestrian only side is great. I have a dog, and the last thing I want to do is injure a biker or my dog while running on the main drag!
- Happiness is a morning run.
- walk it. run it. lay it. dog it. enjoy it.
- TAKE A NICE WALK
- Milos Zadrahka and Mauro Di Ianni walk and sing their song Welcome to the Panhandle in Panhandle Park where they are approached by strangers and asked to sing Happy Birthday.
- Pickup Bball games. 1pm on the weekends.
- Feeling Happy? Stop by the Delivering Happiness Town Hall happening Thurs., Apr. 28 at the Super Frog Art Gallery - 1746 Post Street...just down the street. Free drinks and good times for all!
- Public bathroom is at Ashbury.
- Don't piss in the wind use the restroom!