Golden Gate Bridge
- The Golden Gate Bridge was the longest suspension bridge span in the world when it was completed in 1937, & has become an internationally recognized symbol of San Francisco and CA.
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge
- Don't jump!
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.
- When walking across the bridge be sure to look up and explore different angles of the towers and cables. You'll find lots of intriguing compositions and abstracts. Early evening the light is best.
- Cisco (a 2011 Most Innovative Company) is named for San Francisco, and this bridge inspired the companys original logo.
- The famous International Orange color was originally used as a sealant for the bridge. Many locals persuaded Morrow to paint the bridge in the vibrant orange color instead of standard silver or gray.
- This might be the best place in the US to execute a photobomb. Try it!
- Golden Gate Bridge (U.S. Route 101)
- Throw on a jacket and bike across the bridge, stopping in Sausalito for some beer and ice cream before ferrying back to the city. A perfect date for the outdoor enthusiast. #vday
- tell the out of towners to bring a jacket
- Although many locals still ride their bikes across the symbol of not just our city, but of the promise of the American West, not many of us walk it. It may take a few hours to stroll the 1.7-mile span
- My bro Saleh
- It's famous, and with good reason. Crossing the Golden Gate is guaranteed to put a smile on your face, no matter what you're driving.
- In 1999 and 2000 the X Games were held here and a 15-year old Travis Pastrana famously jumped his bike into the San Francisco Bay
- Ride over the bridge on a bicycle.
- When you pass the bridge and through the rainbow tunnel and come back the other way you will see the most breathtaking view.
- This art deco American icon, built at a cost that would equal nearly $1 billion today, was painted its trademark red-orange in order to stand out against the bays famous fog. (From Aerial America)
- Walk On the Bridge and Talk Lots of Snazzy Pics
- Rent a bike @ Blazing Saddles on Hyde St. Bike across Golden Gate Bridge, stop in Sausalito, drink a beer and eat and some ice cream. Cruise back to SF on ferry.