It’s no secret that I love sprinkles. So much so that I just spent a small fortune on a bunch of fun different gluten free sprinkles from my favorite sprinkle shop, Sweetapolita.
This isn’t a paid post or anything; it’s just that it’s super exciting to have great options for gluten free sprinkles. That’s right, if you need to eat gluten free, even your sprinkles might not be safe.
While you might be able to get some gluten free sprinkles at your regular store, they’re sometimes just the basic rainbow, chocolate, or nonpareils. Good, but not super fun sprinkle mixes that’ll make you want to shower everything in your life with a sweet coating of sprinkles mixes.
This fudge is super easy to make. The cake batter part comes from a store-bought gluten free funfetti cake mix but you could use gluten free white cake mix or gluten free yellow cake mix with extra sprinkles if you can’t find a funfetti version at your store.
If you don’t need gluten free, regular cake mix will do too! I love easy gluten free swaps like that, it makes things so much more simple.
This gluten free cake batter fudge is also kind of like a shortcut fudge. I use melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in my fudge recipes. I like the texture so much more than the classic old fashioned fudge way. The melted chocolate and condensed milk give it an almost chewy but melt-in-your-mouth texture that is undeniably good. Addicting even.
This gluten free cake batter fudge is perfect for birthdays. I made this batch for my husband’s grandmother for her birthday, and she loved it! You can really customize this fudge and use sprinkles to match someone’s favorite color, to match a theme to a particular party, or to go with any holiday. This stuff is too fun to not play around with for every occasion you possibly can. Enjoy!
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 11 ounces ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup gluten free funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons gluten free sprinkles, plus more for topping
- Line an 8x8-inch square dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate chips, and Funfetti cake mix into a medium pot. Stir to combine.
- Heat over medium low heat to melt the chocolate chips, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture starts to come together in a ball in the center of the pot.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and rainbow sprinkles. Transfer the fudge to the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth it out in the pan. Sprinkle the top with additional sprinkles, if desired.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting and serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record