Ginny's Little Longhorn Saloon
Dive Bar, Music Venue
5434 Burnet Rd (btwn Shoalmont Dr & Lawnmont Ave)
Austin, TX 78756
- The Bingo they have here reminds me of a game we used to play in Tanzania. Only instead of a chicken we had a rhinoceros, and instead of a grid of numbers we would run for our lives.
- Chicken Shit Bingo on Sundays
- A must for visitors! This classic honky tonk is usually packed with a happy crew of talkative locals & for a reason! Found it on Supper: http://supper.mx/places/ginnys-little-longhorn-austin/
- Congratulations, you've found one of Esquire's Best Bars in America. Play Chicken Shit Bingo on Sundays. We'll let you figure out how they pick the numbers.
- This place is a jem. Nothing compares, don't even try.
- Go for the honkytonk music. Sunday afternoons feature great live music and bingo played with a chicken.
- Chicken Shit Bingo every Sunday from 4-7. It's the best entertainment $2 can buy. Cheap beer, free chili dogs, and a live honky tonk band to set the mood. Tannen C., Creative
- Real deal Texas style Honky Tonk, complete with two-step band playing in the back corner and couples older than God two-stepping to it. You can pretty much only buy buckets of Lone Star. Sundays Seth
- An Austin establishment. In the words of the infamous Bill Bayne: "Best tasting longnecks on earth"
- Beers are $2 always, but Sundays are the most fun days: free chili dogs! Oh, and chicken shit bingo! That's great too!
- "On Sundays, come to this teensy roadhouse to drain longnecks of Lone Star, grub on gratis hot dogs and bet on a pooping chicken." -- Joshua M. Bernstein, The Daily Meal
- Chicken sh*t bingo is a pleasure. Be sure and pay attention to when the line forms outside the bar near the tables under the tent to get a ticket before they run out! The best space is the "line".
- Chicken bingo, good company, and did we say chicken bingo? Stop in at Ginnys and take a load off next time youre in the neighborhood.
- A great place to pick up a couple of free (yes, FREE) chili or cheese dogs. Wash them down with a few Lone Stars.
- Best Bar to Curse the Recession
- Chicken Shit Bingo with Dale Watson and his Lonestars band from 4-8pm on Sundays!
- Well, the bingo, of course!
- You've got to check out chicken shit bingo at least once. 4-6pm every Sunday.
- Bingo on Sundays @ 5, even though they say 4....
- Head over on Sunday afternoons for a bingo game unlike any you've ever played at your local senior center. At this Austin saloon, Chicken Shit Bingo requires very little of your attention.