Enjoy Trumptinis, Hillaritas, free apps and more as election results roll in Nov. 8
San Antonio, TX (RestaurantNews.com) There’s only one way to experience Election Night 2016.
With a stiff drink in your hand!
On Tuesday, Nov. 8, The General Public in The RIM will help you drown your sorrows – or prepare for Armageddon – with an Election Night Party to Forget, featuring an array of specialty cocktails inspired by each of the presidential candidates.
In addition, guests who wear their “I Voted” sticker will receive a free appetizer with the purchase of any menu item.
“We’re bringing back the Hillarita and the Trumptini, which we debuted for Super Tuesday earlier this year,” said Kyle Noonan, co-owner of FreeRange Concepts, creator of The General Public. “And we have some awesome new concoctions that are perfect for the occasion. So go out and cast your vote, then come by The General Public to enjoy a free app and some great food and drinks. We’ll be decked out in patriotic bunting, our TVs will be locked onto the local and national newscasts, and we’ll be celebrating everything that makes America great!”
From 11 a.m. till closing, guests will be able to choose from the following liberal libations and conservative creations –
- Trumptini – A rich blend of Karlsson’s Gold Vodka and vermouth dusted in gold flakes, served in a martini glass and accompanied by a gold-rimmed plate of caviar. It’s fabulous. The best drink ever!
- Hillarita – A frosty cold concoction with a liberal helping of Dulce Vida Tequila and Paula’s Orange, delivered in a mason jar by your own private server. Just make sure it doesn’t WikiLeak all over you.
- The Shrinking Johnson – This relatively unknown cocktail is for those with a libertarian streak. Made with Blue Corn Bourbon from New Mexico – which is not the same as Mexico – you may feel like you’ve wasted your vote.
- The Stein – Most of our guests don’t even realize it’s an option, but we’ll pour any of our 40 draft beers you like into an environmentally friendly stein.
- #noneoftheabove – Can’t stomach the other options? Order this and let your bartender pick your poison!
Located at 17619 La Cantera Pkwy, Ste 102, in The RIM, The General Public features a gourmet menu and a wide selection of cocktails, beer, wine and whiskey – served both inside and on its air-conditioned patio. Its signature horseshoe-shaped bar is tended by expert cocktail crafters eager to share such enticing indulgences as Dr. Funk, the Four Thieves, the Caipirinha and the Rusky Rose.
The General Public is open from 11 a.m. to 12 midnight Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday and 10:30 a.m. to 12 midnight Sunday. For more information, visit us online at TheGenPublic.com, and via social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About FreeRange Concepts
Pioneering fresh ideas in the restaurant industry and with local venues like Bowl & Barrel, Mutts Canine Cantina, The Rustic and The General Public, FreeRange Concepts is led by founders Kyle Noonan and Josh Sepkowitz, who have a combined 20 years of experience in the restaurant and hospitality industry. For more information, visit FreeRangeConcepts.com.
- Burger King Has Chicken Tenders for the First Time Ever
- What PDA Is OK Today — and What Isn’t
- Why You Should Never Sleep in on the Weekends
- The 25 Most Popular Halloween Candies in America
- 260-Layer Cake Breaks Guinness World Record