Lake, Plaza, Skating Rink
84 Beacon St (at Boston Common)
Boston, MA 02108
- As your date steps onto the ice, grab their hand for balance, but then don't let go and take a few laps. A great way to break the ice.
- Theres nothing more picture-postcard perfect than skating on the Frog Pond on a crisp winter evening. Its like being transported inside the snow globe you loved as a kid.
- Skating season! Try going in the evening to avoid the crazy crowds.
- When the city is twinkling & the ice is sufficiently solid, people lace up skates right out of Currier & Ives. Rent skates, enjoy hot cocoa, & take a break in the warming hut. -- Green Guide Editor
- 1 of 3 original ponds located in the Boston Common. Jet fountain added in 1848. In July/Aug, pond is wading pool for children. In winter, pond is frozen over for ice skating. More info in blog. <LINK>
- Families with young children can enjoy a summer splash in Boston's Frog Pond to cool off from the heat.
- $14 total for adults to skate + rental. There is a student discount too.
- despite the little kids whizzing by you on tiny skates, this is still one of my favorite places for a low-key date. warm up afterwards with some healthy burgers from nearby u-food grill :)
- Great for people watching! There is a public bathroom here-- so please don't go in the pond!
- During winter time, show off your ice skate skill guys! You can get a few girls by just teaching them how to ice skate. ;)
- Bring $$$ carrusel is already working every child wants to ride. $3
- Go skating midweek. Always lots of ice.
- Best ice skating option for outdoor ice skating during the winter.
- Not much of a "pond" in the summertime...
- A great place for skating!!! Lot of fun!!
- Must take a picture with the signature frog statues :)
- Enjoy an afternoon skate with the kids or an evening date on ice at the Frog Pond in Boston Common.
- Found this Bernese and a lot of nice people too.
- Lovely during holiday season.
- There's often free events