Right in the middle of Bourbon Street craziness, you'll find this little jazz club with a cozy atmosphere, live music, and good beer. It's very intimate, and if it wasn't in such a chaotic area, it may be easier to spend more nights there.
Fritzel's European Jazz Pub
Jazz Club, Bar
733 Bourbon St
New Orleans, LA 70116
- Congratulations, you've found one of Esquire's Best Bars in America. The blistering swing combo takes requests and it has cheap shots of Jagermeister, which was supposedly introduced to America here.
- Has a one drink minimum & some of the best jazz you'll find on Bourbon.
- This is a must visit spot while you are in New Orleans. The live jazz is A-mazing!!!
- If Preservation Hall is not of your "thing," but you still want to listen to some jazz. Walk to Bourbon(... It's ok in this case) and up a few blocks to find this gem in the rough. (1 Drink Min.)
- One of the few true jazz clubs left on Bourbon Street. Arrive on time to get a seat.
- Very rude waitresses, very unfriendly, swore at us even though we purchased drinks- used the f word. Do not come here.
- Horrible wait staff and prices SUCK. Ruins the great Jazz.
- Fritzels is a great respite from the craziness of Bourbon Street. Pay the super cheap cover and enter a world of foot tapping old-school jazz. They sell take out drinks but you'll want to stay.
- Awful experience. Very unpleasant. Very money focused and angry waitresses.
- Great Jazz and atmosphere despite being on Bourbon St.
- Love the music hate the smoke
- Sit out back or check out the upstairs for a totally chill venue
- Why aren't you here?
- Literally the best Jazz in the city. A must visit for sure!
- The sets are really short and there is a Drink minimum. The staff is fairly misleading about all of this though the music is good.
- Great music club on Bourbon. Not for those looking for cheap cover pop music to go w/ your Hurricane. This is maybe the only bona fide place to just hear good, old school jazz.
- Not sure about the "jazz club" meets German taproom, but the music was great.
- Great jazz, eclectic feel and absinthe makes for a great bar.
- Best Bloody I have ever had! Ask for spicy!
- Waitresses are total bitches. Wouldn't answer a simple question and gave us the stink eye until we left. Serves us right for trying to order beers, we are such awful people!